Now you need to have the FINAL CHECKLIST for preparing your EPIK Arrival through Korvia.
This is an exciting time for EPIK arrivers. Can’t wait to fly into the sky! Your new adventure officially starts right from here!
To help you get started with all your hopes and dreams, this guide was created for those who are about to enter Korea to serve as a Native English Teacher through EPIK. (A real commitment!)
This post will cover most essentials you need to prepare for your arrival.
1. Is your work visa ready?
Please ensure that the visa arrives in time for your departure. Confirm the status of your visa application with your local Korean embassy, frequently.
2. Did you book your flight, yet?
Please make sure to keep the receipt for your flight or your boarding pass. You need to submit at least one of them to your school as proof in order to get an entry allowance. (or get a reimbursement for your flight)
- If you are still exploring flight options and your flights depart from the US or Canada, please follow the link provided for a great deal.
- If you already purchased the air ticket, please submit your flight information to us through the link provided.
3. Did you apply for the certificate of residence?
You need this form to claim tax relief in Korea for the first 2 years. If your request is taking longer than anticipated, please have the certificate mailed to our Korvia office. Get on with it now than ever. Once it arrives, we will contact you first and post it at your school.
4. Did you sign up for the prepaid sim-card?
Don’t forget to use the promotion code when submitting your application.
5. Did you know you can open a Korean bank account before you settle in?
Yes, there is a way, indeed. Korvia stepped up our game and as part of our package deal, we now offer professional assistance in setting up your very first bank account with KEB Hana Bank, one of the leading banks in Korea.
Read our article first before you commit yourself to this tempting offer. https://www.korvia.com/kebhana-bank-account-korea-after-sign-up/
6. Where are you going to stay upon arrival? Did you arrange your temporary accommodation?
If you are still contemplating, here is our recommendation. Korvia has teamed up with Rtour and at the very reasonable cost, you can take advantage of our full package deal.
8. Did you pack everything you are supposed to bring to Korea?
How about the original teaching certificate, extra passport photos, sealed transcripts (if you are going to move to another new job), the certificate of residency?
8. Did you sign up for the Korvia EPIK pre-orientation?
Why Korvia Pre-orientation?
- Sign up for Kimchi Mobile service ( Pre-Paid SIM card )
- Open up a BANK ACCOUNT with renowned KEB Hana bank for free with a debit card & chequebook
- Meet your recruiters & fellow EPIK teachers
- Get practical tips from a current EPIK teacher and field experts ( Banking & Telecommunications services )
- Get plenty of rest before your big day: EPIK Orientation
- Explore downtown SEOUL !
- Stay at a 4-star hotel (Tmark Grand Hotel Myeongdong) at a discounted price
- Receive a KORVIA welcome package
- Win pricey prizes! ( iPad, AirPods, Vouchers and many more )
Why should I arrive early?
- WIN a ticket to PRICEY prizes. (iPad, AirPods, Vouchers and many more)
- Receive a KORVIA Welcome Package.
- OPEN UP a bank account with renowned KEB HANA BANK.
- The debit card with T-Money will be mailed to you directly FOR FREE.
- KEB Hana Bank is best known for OVERSEAS REMITTANCE.
- Get PRACTICAL & EXCLUSIVE tips from field experts. (Banking and Telecommunications services)
- Get plenty of REST before your BIG day: EPIK Orientation.
- Get together with Korvia & EPIK teachers.
- Get FREED from Unnecessary STRESS!
*Please avoid Chinese airlines if you will land on the same day of orientation. We experience a high chance of luggage lost.
If we’ve said it once, we’ve said it a thousand times.