Korvia EPIK Pre-Orientation Spring 2019
Our beloved Korvia EPIK Teachers!
We want to quickly give our big thanks to our teachers for their unmatched perseverance. Without that sense of hope and drive, we wouldn’t be where we are now. (Don’t want to think the other way!)
Speaking of where we are at, it is nearly for an upcoming arrival. A BIG ONE!
You must be getting excited but also pressed to plan for a big time. (We know, it is complicated.)
Still, in all the excitement and preparation, let’s not forget what’s important.
Before we make an announcement, let us start with how our previous teachers felt about their experience.
Very recently, previous and existing EPIK teachers came forward and shared their honest feedback with us regarding how unsuccessful their EPIK arrival plan was.
Put simply, their shared opinion was that they didn’t know how to tackle real situations right upon their arrival and went further to tell us that all they had planned and imagined went completely off the rail. It was just a wide gap between their imagination & research and REALITY.
And at that very moment, we knew we had to do something about it.
That is how this whole project came out to this world. TO MAKE THINGS BETTER FOR OUR TEACHERS!
Inspired by that backdrop, we are pleased to host our KORVIA EPIK Pre-Orientation!
It is going to be a one-day Pre-Orientation organized by KORVIA to make your Korean life so much EASIER & STRESS-FREE.
When: Mon, 18th February 2019
Why is KORVIA doing this?
Well, for obvious reasons.
- Anything can happen to anyone without fair warning! (Reality is there for A REASON.)
- It is not about being negative about the way things happen. When bad things are bound to happen, they just happen.
- Korvia, on the other hand, will be there for you from start to finish to attend to your needs! (You can call us a FIXER if you will.)
2. We offer a package of services.
- Accommodation, Pre-paid Sim-card, Banking Services, Expert Tips, Welcome Package, Win Big Prices (iPad, AirPods, Vouchers and many more)
3. We have more than 10 years of experience with the EPIK Orientation.
- We know ins and outs of the EPIK Orientation. KORVIA Orientation is nothing like it. We have a different schedule and programs lined up just for you!
Going abroad and being on your own are full of fun & interesting chapters but in reality, the very first experience you have will determine the rest of your stay in Korea. With the right head start, you can have a thriving life!
What is Korvia EPIK Pre-Orientation ?
Korvia-EPIK Pre-Orientation is a one-day orientation designed to prepare newly hired EPIK teachers for the life in Korea prior to the EPIK orientation. It is more of a Korvia thing.
Why should you attend? (We will give you a list of steady reasons.)
By attending the Korvia EPIK Pre-Orientation, you will be able to,
- Sign up for Kimchi Mobile service ( Pre-Paid SIM card )
- Open up a BANK ACCOUNT with renowned KEB Hana bank for free with a debit card & chequebook
- Meet your recruiters & fellow EPIK teachers
- Get practical tips from a current EPIK teacher and field experts ( Banking & Telecommunications services )
- Get plenty of rest before your big day: EPIK Orientation
- Explore downtown SEOUL !
- Stay at a 4-star hotel (Tmark Grand Hotel Myeongdong) at a discounted price
- Receive a KORVIA welcome package
- Win pricey prizes! ( iPad, AirPods, Vouchers and many more )
This is going to be a good time for every participant!
Korvia EPIK Arrival Package
Hotel 2 Nights + Opening Bank Account/Debit Card (Free of charge) + Pre-Paid Sim-Card (20,000KRW Credits Charged) + Direct Shuttle from hotel to EPIK check-in counter = Only $99.00
: We did a lot of time-consuming discussions and negotiations with the representatives of our partners to better accommodate everyone on board. Flight, accommodation, banking service, telecommunications service, shuttle and a ticket to win a prize are part of our package.
- Flight prices can be varied depending on the location of departure but given the entry allowance worth 1,300,000 won, this is certainly worth considering! Korvia has teamed up with R-tour and they can provide you with the best prices for your flights.
- Tmark Grand Hotel Myeongdong (4 star hotel) is located at central downtown, Seoul and staying at one can be a great starting place for exploration & sightseeing. Furthermore, staying at a 4 star hotel at this unbeatable price only through KORVIA. And besides, prior to the week-long EPIK orientation, is it so bad that you want to take some time to rest up and relax? We don’t think so.
- For further information on the hotel, please go to (Tmark Grand Hotel Myeongdong)
- Setting up a bank account and activating your phone RIGHT UPON ARRIVAL can be a daunting and frustrating experience. Seriously, English can be a barrier to so many things in Korea but you are in great hands. We can help you right from the start. We will have our staff positioned at our Korvia EPIK Pre-Orientation so that everything can be set up for just your needs.
- Get your Korean bank account and ready for your settlement allowance as well as your first paycheck.
- Our team will walk you through everything! (For questions, please get in touch with Korvia EPIK Team.)
- Your packing for at least a year is going to be huge and only bigger. Travel light. Not in this case! You want your precious and cozy items with you wherever you go. We are not stopping you cause we feel exactly the same about personal stuff. It is just that you don’t want to drag them around all by yourself all the way to the EPIK orientation venue. If you come with Korvia, that would become the least of your concern. We will transport your belongings to your destination.
Whether you are currently living in Korea as a teacher or this is your first time teaching, this Korvia orientation comes as a great opportunity to have a brand-new start as an EPIK teacher. So do yourself a favor and get connected with us!
If you are interested, now is the right time to register.
You are very much encouraged to attend our Korvia EPIK Pre-Orientation to make the most of the opportunity!
We also have an event page on Facebook. Please find and join us!
For general questions, please put them directly to Korvia-EPIK Team.
More about the EPIK Orientation
Here is the outline of the EPIK Spring 2019 orientation.
- The EPIK Spring 2019 orientation will start from 19th February 2019.
- All teachers must arrive at Incheon airport (Terminal 1).
- Konkuk University Global Campus for the orientation venue.
- EPIK check-in counter will be available for 19th and 20th February morning times only.
- EPIK Shuttle bus will be only available from 7AM~1PM.
*Konkuk University is 100miles away from Incheon airport and it is almost a 3 hour commute by a shuttle bus.