Home/Tag: E2

How to Apply for Your ARC in Korea

The following guide is for individuals that are trying to apply for their ARC in Korea. This process should be done as soon as possible once you have arrived in Korea. What is an ARC ? An ARC (Alien Registration Card) is a Korean national identification card. It is equivalent to a social security and [...]

By |2018-04-19T19:59:46+09:00March 24th, 2017|Featured Articles, Guides, Process Guides|32 Comments

Visa Instructions for Renewing Teachers in Korea | Korvia Guide

This guide is for teachers that are currently in the process of finishing a teaching contract in Korea and have already gotten permission to renew their contract with their current school. In order to renew their contract, renewing teachers in Korea will need to report their renewal to the Korean immigration office that has [...]

By |2018-04-19T20:00:06+09:00December 1st, 2015|Guides, Process Guides|12 Comments

List of E2 Visa Medical Exam Hospitals

The following is a list of hospitals in the Gyeonggi-do province that conduct E2 Medical Examinations. Please check for the hospital in your area. UPDATED: August 26th, 2015 지역 Area 의료기관명 Name 영문기관 Romanized Name 의료기관주소 Korean Address 영문 주소 Romanized Address 전화번호 Telephone 경기 자인메디병원 Jain Medi Hospital 경기 고양시 덕양구 중앙로 555 (행신동) [...]

By |2018-04-19T20:00:34+09:00August 26th, 2015|Resource|2 Comments

E2 Visa Transfer Instructions from D10 Status | Korvia Guide

Sometimes a contract can finish early leaving you little time to prepare for finding a new job. The D10 visa was created for this purpose. A D10 visa is nicknamed the “job-search visa” and it allows candidates exactly that: the ability to remain in the country while searching for new employment. D10 visas are valid [...]

By |2018-04-19T20:01:11+09:00March 17th, 2015|Guides, Process Guides|9 Comments

E2 Visa Instructions for Transferring Teachers | Korvia Guide

Teachers that have finished a teaching contract in Korea and have already secured employment at a new school must transfer their E2 status in order to work at the new school. Luckily, those teachers won’t need to obtain new sets of the documents they already obtained before coming to South Korea. We have created the [...]

By |2018-04-19T20:01:11+09:00March 17th, 2015|Guides, Process Guides|2 Comments

E2 Visa | Korvia Guide

The E2 visa is the specific visa for individuals coming to Korea as an English Teacher. The E2 visa is sponsored by educational institutions such as public schools, private academies (hagwons), and at universities. The visa must have prior agreed upon sponsorship by one of those institutions in order to obtain. An E2 visa is [...]

By |2020-01-30T11:44:05+09:00March 16th, 2015|Document Guides, Guides|32 Comments

Changes to Fukuoka E2 Visa Run Process (May 2014)

The Fukuoka Korean Consulate recently announced that from April 2014, they have changed the time it takes to process re-entry visas otherwise known as “visa runs” for applicants changing from tourist status to E2-Visa (English Teacher) status. Teachers planning to go on a Fukuoka E2 Visa Run need to note the following. [...]

By |2018-04-19T20:01:16+09:00May 28th, 2014|News|0 Comments