1. Eligibility of EPIK (English Program in Korea) Native English Teacher
- Have completed three full academic years or more at an accredited college or university. (minimum education for EPIK program)
- Be a citizen from a country where the primary language is English.
∗ Canadian citizens from the Quebec Province and countries where English is a co-official language and/or applicants from non-English language backgrounds whose first language is not English must have been taught in English-language schools from junior high school forth to the university level.
∗Ethnic Korean applicants with foreign citizenships or legal residencies must have been taught in English-language schools from junior high school forth and have
lived abroad for minimum of 10 years. (If you are a male citizen of the Republic of Korea under the age of 35, you must have either completed mandatory military
service or have received an official waiver.)
- Be fluent and proficient in the English language grammar and structure and be able to communicate fluently with clear and distinct pronunciation.
- Be mentally and physically capable of performing the specified responsibilities and duties. Must also have the ability and willingness to adapt to Korean culture and living.
- Meet the criteria of eligibility for E2 (work) visa set forth by the Korean Immigration Authority.
* Aged 50 or over (As of 2008. 12. 31) may be excluded from the selection due to the purpose and the aim of EPIK.
2. Remuneration of EPIK Native English Teacher
* "English" Includes English Literature, English composition and other English majors, but not journalism or English History.